Saturday, May 21, 2011

Skateboard Ramps Make My Day

Bringing my dreams into reality hasn't been an easy task.  There have been multiple set backs- close to a Google or is it googel, and many which could have been the nail in the coffin- literally.  But I must say, building skateboard ramps all day long and shipping them out to the new breed of skaters really makes me feel good. Talking to skaters over the phone or even over the net, I've gotten the feel for what they want and what they are looking for. These kids are articulate, know the questions, want the details and it's thank you have a nice day. Conscious skaters as I like to call them- not all but a lot. 

Being aware of the kid in me or (inner child), has kept me close to the sport I love- skateboarding. For me, I've come to a point in my life where -"it's only about doing what I love" and the biproduct of that is connecting with people everywhere- young, old, conservative, super liberal- it dosen't matter.  Keeping that kid alive inside me has lead me to building ramps, connecting with skateboarders globally, but most importantly, it's kept me centered, which really means, it's kept me happy. Isn't that what it's all about?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment